Monday, July 10, 2006

Family Part II


Missed posting yesterday, but today is another opportunity.

Today is son #1's 19th birthday. It seems so odd to have a son of that age. I am and have been very proud of him and his accomplishments over the course of his lifetime.

I am not one to tell you that he is a spectacular athlete or scholar. He did earn two varsity letters in three different sports. He did have an overall grade point of 3.5 on a 4 point scale. But in my humble opinion, he is just what Garrison Keillor (sp?) calls "just a little above average". I am just not certain that he acheives his "potential"

Son #1 has made a huge difference in my life. I am a little apprehensive about where the future lays for him. He will be leaving home this fall to attend Ohio State University in Columbus. He is unsure of his major course of study, but is leaning toward architecture.

My hope is that he will learn, live, and most importantly gain the skills to make a life for himself after the college experience, so that he can provide a quality life for a family of his own.

Happy Birthday Kevin.

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa Williams said...

He's a handsome young man. OSU will be a big step for him, a lot of growing up to do there. I teach at BGSU so I deal with a lot of young men just your son's age.

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home