Independence Day
Independence.....
Why do you think everyone craves it? I have to believe that it is related to the "control" that everyone is seeking. People seek sovereignty, countries seek sovereignty, businesses seek it, heck... Everyone seeks it.
There have been instances in my life when I have sought out independence, only to find that others were needed or maybe wanted is a better way to put it, in my life. Is the desire to be independent driven by the desire to not have responsibilities?
If we are truly independent, we are beholden to no one. I am not sure that is possible in the society that we have made. Everyone owes someone something.
So.... With today being Independence day, it is probably good to consider what it is we are exactly independent from. We as a country are certainly not free from responsibilities. We as people are still responsible to our families, friends, and most likely our employers......
I hope your day goes well and that the degree of independence that you are seeking is somehow attained in this lifetime.
Why do you think everyone craves it? I have to believe that it is related to the "control" that everyone is seeking. People seek sovereignty, countries seek sovereignty, businesses seek it, heck... Everyone seeks it.
There have been instances in my life when I have sought out independence, only to find that others were needed or maybe wanted is a better way to put it, in my life. Is the desire to be independent driven by the desire to not have responsibilities?
If we are truly independent, we are beholden to no one. I am not sure that is possible in the society that we have made. Everyone owes someone something.
So.... With today being Independence day, it is probably good to consider what it is we are exactly independent from. We as a country are certainly not free from responsibilities. We as people are still responsible to our families, friends, and most likely our employers......
I hope your day goes well and that the degree of independence that you are seeking is somehow attained in this lifetime.

2 Comments:
I have been exploring what indenpendence means, too. I think for me it means the freedom to search for my authentic self and to dissolve the separation between things.
Sorry for the typo--indenpendence! Yikes. I hate it when I do that.
Post a Comment
<< Home