Trading
Last Friday evening, I happened to be home without a whole lot to do. It is very rare for me to be without responsibility on a Friday night. I snatched up the television remote and began to pan through the 75 or so channels that we have on the cable.
I stopped on the television news magazine show, 20/20. There was a story on about a guy who traded a red paper clip for a house. Now mind you that it took him a year and a day of "trading up" to get to the house, but I thought the story was very interesting, so I decided to check out the website. There I found a "blog" style list of forums where people literally trade anything.
I have never been great at trading. Even when I was young, I had trouble trading baseball cards or anything with my buddies. It isn't that I think my posessions are all that valuable or anything, I just have always been a believer in the concept of win/win trades, while it seems most people trade with only lopsided trades in mind.
Maybe I have a mental block... I am not sure....... I just know that I am not a very good trader.
I do know that I am going to work on making a trade or two on this oneredpaperclip.com website.....
Do you believe in trading? Or.... do you prefer just straight up buying?
Have a nice weekend..... and smile.
I stopped on the television news magazine show, 20/20. There was a story on about a guy who traded a red paper clip for a house. Now mind you that it took him a year and a day of "trading up" to get to the house, but I thought the story was very interesting, so I decided to check out the website. There I found a "blog" style list of forums where people literally trade anything.
I have never been great at trading. Even when I was young, I had trouble trading baseball cards or anything with my buddies. It isn't that I think my posessions are all that valuable or anything, I just have always been a believer in the concept of win/win trades, while it seems most people trade with only lopsided trades in mind.
Maybe I have a mental block... I am not sure....... I just know that I am not a very good trader.
I do know that I am going to work on making a trade or two on this oneredpaperclip.com website.....
Do you believe in trading? Or.... do you prefer just straight up buying?
Have a nice weekend..... and smile.

1 Comments:
I've never been any good at trading or dickering in any way. I like a definite and fair price, and I will gladly pay it. I enjoyed your comment about Checkov's "Cherry Orchard." I can't imagine reading Checkov in high school or even as an undergraduate. Somehow I just don't think I'd have gotten much out of it then. Am glad to be back in the flatlands. I love it in NW Ohio. Take care!
Post a Comment
<< Home