Lack of Determination?

I have been so poor at keeping up here. My time management skills are at an all time low. I worry that I am about to run out of gas (figuratively).
I have always been a big fan of the picture posted with this entry. I think it does a great job of symbolizing how I view my life. I always wonder how he got there in the ice. Was he in there by accident or by design? Either way it reminds me to be determined. Determination is a good trait. I could use more of it.
This past weekend was draining. I was proud to drop Kevin off at school on Sunday. I have to admit that it made me feel old. I remember all so well when my mom and dad dropped me off in Athens. I remember my roommates' parents each dropped them off. How I seemed young then and their parents seemed so old. Now it is me. I am the one who dropped off. I have to honestly admit to being very jealous of him and his new found level of freedom. It was difficult to just "drive away". I thought Suzanne did remarkably well.
I know that he is moving into the next stage of his life and that is a positive. I know that he will do well academically. I know that we have given him the tools to be successful and be respected. Now we will have to see if he has the grit and determination to use them. I know that he determines his own success or lack there of.
The position I hold at work is wearing me down. I am going to have to decide rather soon as to the course of my own future. I am not sure that I am making a difference in the athletic department. I think the perception is that I work hard at my job. My own personal perception is that I get very little done. I look at my plate and it is always over-flowing no matter how fast or much I eat. Could be time to stop putting things on my plate and remove a few of the suppliers to the mountain that is there.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home