Rain and Columbus
It is raining again today. It has been raining a lot lately.
It has been quite a while, since I have stopped in to blog. My schedule keeps me from it. Lately I have been fortunate to be home or "free" to do something I want to do maybe one or two hours a week. No excuses offered. If this blogging thing is something that I want to keep up with, it probably will be important to block out some time on a couple of days each week and rest a little and think.
This past weekend, Kevin was home for the first time from Ohio State. Suzanne went to pick him up on Friday night after school. I hitched a ride to Bowling Green to cover the football game. It was odd to have him home. He had only been gone 4 weeks, but.... Change has occurred. After a trip to Bryan Saturday night to see my dad, it was a whirlwind day on Sunday to take Kevin back to Columbus.
Visiting his room and not being introduced to his room mate and his suite mates aloofness made me wonder how well he is relating to them, and I suppose how well they relate back. He shared that they are not too serious about anything. I suppose that really isn't a surprise given that I work with that age group on a daily basis. Shoes to referee football in, shoes to walk to class in, and a few other treats including gallons of bottled water were bought. The entire family ate dinner at Damons, and that was a nice flashback.
I suppose that I am still struggling with the fact that Kevin is gone. It amazes me that I had come to rely on him more and more. I think he is and always will be reserved. I would like very much to see how he is really doing.
I am glad it rained today and that the schedule opened up.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home