Winter Solstice +1
December...... the long nights.... short days..... and the wonder of a new year just around the corner.
Yesterday was spent doing the crazed Christmas shopping that makes me wonder what in the world I am doing.
Sometimes I become so frustrated with other people's view of gift giving. It seems to me, and it has been the subject of much discussion lately, that you can only truly give a gift that means something if you know or take time to learn and know the recipient of the gift. Otherwise it is impersonal and meaningless. Why do things that are meaningless?
I would much rather have one thing that means something than 40 things that mean little or nothing at all.
Seems odd to have today off with no obligations. Will head back to Bryan tonight and maybe go see Kirk's bunch play.
I suppose it is time to start contemplating a resolution "goal" for 2007. The list of self improvemnet items would be pretty long. It should be easy to narrow the list to one or two.
Peace
Yesterday was spent doing the crazed Christmas shopping that makes me wonder what in the world I am doing.
Sometimes I become so frustrated with other people's view of gift giving. It seems to me, and it has been the subject of much discussion lately, that you can only truly give a gift that means something if you know or take time to learn and know the recipient of the gift. Otherwise it is impersonal and meaningless. Why do things that are meaningless?
I would much rather have one thing that means something than 40 things that mean little or nothing at all.
Seems odd to have today off with no obligations. Will head back to Bryan tonight and maybe go see Kirk's bunch play.
I suppose it is time to start contemplating a resolution "goal" for 2007. The list of self improvemnet items would be pretty long. It should be easy to narrow the list to one or two.
Peace

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home