The Brewing Storm

This photograph is a pretty good indicator of how the world seems to me so far this month. April has been a difficult month so far in many many ways.
1. The weather...... It has been brutally cold for the month so far. There was about an inch or so of new snow this morning. After a pretty nice March, April has been pretty ugly. This poor weather has created quite a few headaches at work with all of the reschedules.
2. My father's announcement of his engagement. A major role change on the horizon for me. I am struggling to predict the impact on our relationship. It is difficult in so many ways to know how this decision was made. I am not opposed fundamentally. I am just confused about the timing of the decision and what has changed since the Memorial Day trip of 2005 when he asked my thoughts on such a question.
3. Son #2 ...... He is quite the socialite these days. I am not sure he is committed to being excellent in his chosen profession to the degree he was six months ago. I am certain that there are growing pains, but...... I don't seem him nearly as self motivated as he was six months ago.
4. The never ending quest for improvement at work. It is time for me to take serious inventory as to whether we are making progress. The added stress of a financial crunch ahead is difficult to take since my department has bitten the bullet and actually have ourselves set up pretty well in regard to cash savings. But.... sometimes we have to take one for the team.
5. Son #1 .... Has grown distant again. For awhile he was in pretty regular contact. Now it seems that he has grown distant again. Perhaps this is just how it is going to be.
6. I long for California....... but I just don't see how I can go. The need for graduate credit is pretty high right now. It may take the decision out of my hands. Either way.... the decision must be made this week.
Keep your head up..... and make sure you don't become to comfortable with things.... change is right around the corner.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home