Friday, July 06, 2007

July Again

July 6 -- I have sort of fallen by the wayside in my commitment to being a more regular blogger.

Windsor Island is now just a year old. It has been a nice place to put into words some of the things that I face in life. I must find more time to spend here. It has been a great help to my state of mind stopping in and just letting some things out. I need to do a better job of putting questions here.

I passed the 4th at my dad's home. We made homemade ice cream in the hand cranker. It, of course, triggered stories of the days gone by when my grand parents would come on the 4th and bring a watermelon to enjoy along with the home made ice cream. It is good to revisit old ways, but I always have to be careful of lingering too long there.

Why don't we look back more often? Why can't we remember what lessons were learned? What things did we miss then, simply because we did not know what we were seeing or hearing?

Gone... Gone... the damage done.....




peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home