Saturday, August 18, 2007

On the Edge of Year 25

Wednesday will be the official opening of the 25th year of my teaching career. Many many thoughts come to mind as I reflect on the significance of the time past.


I would like to think I have made a difference for at least a few. I would also like to think that I have been respected by a majority of my students and teaching peers. I am not naive to think that I have been spectacular in my chosen profession, but I think I have done an OK job all in all.


It is particularly interesting to consider my growth in my ability to teach. The change in technology associated with the profession is unreal. The change in my level of responsibilities has continued to grow every year.


I received some troubling news earlier this week from my father that the school where it all began for me in my teaching career will not be opening this year. I had always hoped to be able to go back there and teach my final lesson as a sub or something..... but.... it is not to be. Below is a picture of the Church next to the school. The school was located immediately to the South of this picture. I will endeavor to get a quality photograph of the building to post. Farewell to St. Joseph School.


Best of luck for the upcoming run in 2007-08....... It should be an interesting time as I begin to genuinely head towards the end of my career.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home