Sunday, September 02, 2007

Weiner Roast 2007

Last night was the latest edition of Dan's birthday party/wiener roast in Bryan at my dad's house. The party was to begin at 5 p.m. People began arriving about 5:30 or so and the last arrivals made it in about 6:30.

It seemed like an ok time, but yet something was missing. I can't quite put my finger on what it was, but something just didn't seem right. Maybe I don't have a great grasp on what I really expected.

The outlaws were in rare form. They brought their circus out a little later in the evening. The language and behavior of the adults never ceases to amaze me. I cashed in my chips at 11:30 and it was still Barnum and Bailey.

Do I expect too much? It almost has to be that I have unrealistic expectations of the adults on that side of the family. I don't understand just the plain immaturity and the fun of "beaver", and assorted other bodily sounds and functions. It might be just slightly above 4th grade or just under 9th grade behavior. I am sure it is my issue, since I am the only one who doesn't seem to see the humor of it all. Yet I don't feel anything less than disgust.

Enough of that rant. Happy birthday #19 Willie. You are about to embark on one of the biggest adventures of your life soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home