May and the Race to the End
Obviously I have been away for a bit. A trip to Dayton last week put a kink in my usual routine. I could write for about an hour on that event, but I believe that the event/time in Dayton would be best served by saying it is over.
May has arrived. The historical significance of this month is beyond compare to any other month of the year. My time on earth has witnessed May being the pinnacle of life and the dungeon. I probably shouldn't dwell on the distant past and I won't other than to simply say May 21.
At work, the mad race to the end of the year is on. The attempt to jam everything in before the students leave is similar to putting a 300 pound man into a pair of 36" waist pants. The procrastination game that we all play catches up with us in May. I personally don't care much for the intensity.
Some other newsworthy items since I have been here last:
1. Little brother had a heart attack. The medicine men found several blockages. A little angioplasty and he was on his way back home. I think it rattled my dad a great deal.
2. Supplemental negotiations were hammered out this past Thursday. Not a disaster, but not a great thing either. The ultimate boss was interesting to work with.
3. Income tax rebate has arrived. $1200. Earmarked for a new bed. Should be interesting to see how this goes.
4. Not a particularly productive time in A.P. The bill is coming due in APUSH. The students are realizing that they don't have the tools. Down the road I am fairly certain that I will look back at this year's work in APUSH as one of my poorest pieces of work in my years teaching. The students weren't very good, and I was worse. Not a good thing. On any level.
Time to get on with the day.
May has arrived. The historical significance of this month is beyond compare to any other month of the year. My time on earth has witnessed May being the pinnacle of life and the dungeon. I probably shouldn't dwell on the distant past and I won't other than to simply say May 21.
At work, the mad race to the end of the year is on. The attempt to jam everything in before the students leave is similar to putting a 300 pound man into a pair of 36" waist pants. The procrastination game that we all play catches up with us in May. I personally don't care much for the intensity.
Some other newsworthy items since I have been here last:
1. Little brother had a heart attack. The medicine men found several blockages. A little angioplasty and he was on his way back home. I think it rattled my dad a great deal.
2. Supplemental negotiations were hammered out this past Thursday. Not a disaster, but not a great thing either. The ultimate boss was interesting to work with.
3. Income tax rebate has arrived. $1200. Earmarked for a new bed. Should be interesting to see how this goes.
4. Not a particularly productive time in A.P. The bill is coming due in APUSH. The students are realizing that they don't have the tools. Down the road I am fairly certain that I will look back at this year's work in APUSH as one of my poorest pieces of work in my years teaching. The students weren't very good, and I was worse. Not a good thing. On any level.
Time to get on with the day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home