Interesting Night

I have not been sleeping all that well lately. Last night was particularly rough for some reason. I dreamed of teaching and being unprepared as well as being reassigned to teaching an AP Biology class. Many of the students were from the class of 2006. There were discipline issues, classroom management issues, and of course I didn't know the material to the depth appropriate to teaching at the AP level.
It became so bad, that I woke up.
Now.... what does all of this mean? Obviously I am beginning to worry about being properly prepared for the upcoming school year. It is a stand alone job in and of itself to teach the AP U.S. History and the AP American Government and Politics classes. I will also have two sections of World History this upcoming year. I have not spent any time preparing this summer to date. Time to get busy on it.
#2 is up and at 'em this morning. Maybe it would be better to say he never slept last night. I was up about 3:30 or so and he was watching television and computing. This morning, he was still up when I got up and at 'em about 6:15 or so. I asked him if he would be interested in going out to breakfast, he begged off saying that he was about ready to get some sleep. So much for going out to breakfast.
A very interesting week with #1. He turned 21 this past Thursday. He called and we chatted for about 30 minutes on Wednesday night. We worked on a birthday card for him on Tuesday, and put some money in his checking account for his birthday so that he would have some "play" money. On Friday, a birthday cake arrived from both of them. It was a 7-up cake shaped in a bunt pan fashion. There was a nice card included from both of them. We will have to find a way to reciprocate.
I have been feeling poorly lately. I have to become more physically active. The answer may lay in getting one of the bikes in the basement up to speed. There is no doubt that I have to make a change in that aspect of my life.
On a closing note, it was the end of the line for the big TV this week. #2 took it to the dumpster at work. It was pretty nice for its time, but we really hadn't used it since it went on the blink over a year ago. Still it is notable that it is gone.
Interesting and busy week on tap.
Peace

1 Comments:
Dr. Seeman,
I appreciate your advice and have taken a little time to look through the sites and information you have provided me.
I feel like I should give you a little background on my teaching experience and assignment.
I will be beginning my 26th year in the classroom this fall. I have been selected by my peer group and administration as teacher of the year. I have received our school districts' highest awards for classroom management, and have been the chair of a five year program to implement "respect and responsibility" in the classroom.
It is my perception that I do not have classroom management problems. It is my perception that I am under personal seige in the area of time management.
I essentially have two full time job assignments. Teaching in and of itself is a full-time position and, when you add the responsibility of teaching the Advanced Placement courses in addition to being the school athletic director for 19 varsity sports..... you have a time management crisis continually.
I sincerely appreciate your help..... please feel free to stop by my blog anytime, and comment. I will wander through yours as time permits.
Post a Comment
<< Home