Doing Your Best
Growing up, I had incredible respect for my Grandpa Morton. He was a great role model in many ways. He was quiet. He wasn't flashy. He loved his family. He worked full time in the factory and farmed 80 acres, raising 15-20 head of beef cattle along with corn, wheat, and soybeans. He was intense when he was working at something. I loved him and I sincerely believe he loved me. I called him Poppo.
One thing that he always said to me that stuck with me was.... when we would part company, he would look me in the eye and say "Always do your best".
Doing your best is not always an easy thing. Nor is it always respected. But Poppo..... I am trying to do my best. Anything else would be disrespectful to what you taught me.
He passed away on July 9, 1987. He was 80 years old. I think about him often, but probably almost every day during baseball season. He was an avid Detroit Tigers fan.
Anyways.... out of respect to those who have taught me right from wrong and how to work, I will promise to do my best.
Peace.
One thing that he always said to me that stuck with me was.... when we would part company, he would look me in the eye and say "Always do your best".
Doing your best is not always an easy thing. Nor is it always respected. But Poppo..... I am trying to do my best. Anything else would be disrespectful to what you taught me.
He passed away on July 9, 1987. He was 80 years old. I think about him often, but probably almost every day during baseball season. He was an avid Detroit Tigers fan.
Anyways.... out of respect to those who have taught me right from wrong and how to work, I will promise to do my best.
Peace.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home