October on the Horizon

The week that has just past was without a doubt one of the most intense, stressful, and debilitating weeks I have ever lived through.....
Through the entire week has been the devastation of the economy through the bank failures/wall street stock market crash..... Doom and gloom about the future.... so trying to take all of that event in, process it, and come up with some fairly solid strategies to explain/teach that material has been brutal..... ah... but as if that wouldn't be enough stress.... there have been a variety of other high stakes/pressure events to "frost" the cake that was the week of September 20-27
Sunday: Boys leave, very emotional with the knowledge that #1 was headed for California. The entire time he was home was constant pressure trying to understand the dynamics of his decision to withdraw from Ohio State and to transfer in the spring to San Francisco State. Very difficult to understand his relationship with Jacqueline and his new found home. Very very troubling without knowledge and dialogue. I spent the entire day with Suzanne trying to help her through it, while fighting my own demons.
Monday-Wednesday: Girls tennis tournament director and the stress of working with a new manager who was particularly difficult to work with. I should mention the daily stress of lesson plans and being away from the teaching aspect of things. I was literally at school until 11 p.m. Monday night... and back at 6:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. The one upside of the entire event was the weather. It was truly spectacular.
Friday: Homecoming football. We were short on gate workers. It was particularly troubling working outside the gate with Pat selling tickets. It is absolutely no wonder we are "off" on the ticket count/$ the way he passes out the tickets before I had cash in hand. The police shared that there was a "situation" with a stalker who was to be treated as "armed and dangerous" that could appear at the game. This person was following a student from Anthony Wayne... Very very stressful..... If the stalker was seen, the police were going to put him "down"...... Not a great way to spend the evening with roughly 2500 people.....
Saturday: The new car business comes to a head. We drive a couple, and end up picking one. I hate the whole dynamic of that game... researching models, being chased by over zealous salesmen, and of course the finance game. Supposedly if all goes well we will pick up the new vehicle on Tuesday. We shall see if all goes well with Woodco. I hated the entire process..... all of it. Mostly I hate knowing that the van is history..... that is really stressful to me......
This week will bring its own stresses...... hopefully I can find a few minutes each day to get with Coach Wooden or some other sort of reflection piece to develop a little peace of mind.
I genuinely have come to struggle with the daily part of life.... I am fairly certain that it is driven by not finding "quiet time" to turn down the noise in my mind. I must be either way way overloaded, or so mentally weak that the events of day to day living are draining my passion to face another day.... pretty depressing..... eh?
Best of luck this week..... October is here on Wednesday.... and last days of September are coming to an end..... It is always a spectacular time for the weather and nature. I hope to pick some apples today with my dad, and possibly see a few trees that have begun the turn....
Through the entire week has been the devastation of the economy through the bank failures/wall street stock market crash..... Doom and gloom about the future.... so trying to take all of that event in, process it, and come up with some fairly solid strategies to explain/teach that material has been brutal..... ah... but as if that wouldn't be enough stress.... there have been a variety of other high stakes/pressure events to "frost" the cake that was the week of September 20-27
Sunday: Boys leave, very emotional with the knowledge that #1 was headed for California. The entire time he was home was constant pressure trying to understand the dynamics of his decision to withdraw from Ohio State and to transfer in the spring to San Francisco State. Very difficult to understand his relationship with Jacqueline and his new found home. Very very troubling without knowledge and dialogue. I spent the entire day with Suzanne trying to help her through it, while fighting my own demons.
Monday-Wednesday: Girls tennis tournament director and the stress of working with a new manager who was particularly difficult to work with. I should mention the daily stress of lesson plans and being away from the teaching aspect of things. I was literally at school until 11 p.m. Monday night... and back at 6:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. The one upside of the entire event was the weather. It was truly spectacular.
Friday: Homecoming football. We were short on gate workers. It was particularly troubling working outside the gate with Pat selling tickets. It is absolutely no wonder we are "off" on the ticket count/$ the way he passes out the tickets before I had cash in hand. The police shared that there was a "situation" with a stalker who was to be treated as "armed and dangerous" that could appear at the game. This person was following a student from Anthony Wayne... Very very stressful..... If the stalker was seen, the police were going to put him "down"...... Not a great way to spend the evening with roughly 2500 people.....
Saturday: The new car business comes to a head. We drive a couple, and end up picking one. I hate the whole dynamic of that game... researching models, being chased by over zealous salesmen, and of course the finance game. Supposedly if all goes well we will pick up the new vehicle on Tuesday. We shall see if all goes well with Woodco. I hated the entire process..... all of it. Mostly I hate knowing that the van is history..... that is really stressful to me......
This week will bring its own stresses...... hopefully I can find a few minutes each day to get with Coach Wooden or some other sort of reflection piece to develop a little peace of mind.
I genuinely have come to struggle with the daily part of life.... I am fairly certain that it is driven by not finding "quiet time" to turn down the noise in my mind. I must be either way way overloaded, or so mentally weak that the events of day to day living are draining my passion to face another day.... pretty depressing..... eh?
Best of luck this week..... October is here on Wednesday.... and last days of September are coming to an end..... It is always a spectacular time for the weather and nature. I hope to pick some apples today with my dad, and possibly see a few trees that have begun the turn....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home