Onward
This morning I am plugging along trying to work out the anxiety I feel about #1's return. There has been little or no communication about time lines and expectations. I am strongly feeling the desire to not participate and let the chips fall where they may. Procrastination.... is at an all time high with #1.
The events surrounding the renovations at the Glenwood Complex are heating up. The facilities committee met Thursday night and it was cpc on the hot seat. I most likely committed a major sin by taking yesterday completely off. It seems like I have done that now a few weekends in a row. Best get back to it tomorrow.... and see things through.
The leaves and the weather have been spectacular this week. I don't recall the leaves ever being better. Deep golds, brilliant yellows, and more red than I can recall. With the crystal clear blue skies the sun really shows the color off at its best. The color came on a little later than usual. It has turned cold and windy today, but Monday through Friday were unreal.
The national election of this past week provided some excitement around the country. Barak Obama defeated John McCain in a fairly close popular vote, but by a considerable margin in the electoral college. The reaction of the minority groups in the country was particularly notable. It bothers me a little that race can't be spoken of. But.... once a person of color is successful, the discussion or attention is drawn to race. Seems sometimes like a double standard. Perhaps I don't fully understand.
The holiday season is just around the corner. What will it bring? I personally am not looking forward to it.
I long for finding a routine. Some sort of rhythm..... It seems impossible.
But...... onward, ever onward....
The events surrounding the renovations at the Glenwood Complex are heating up. The facilities committee met Thursday night and it was cpc on the hot seat. I most likely committed a major sin by taking yesterday completely off. It seems like I have done that now a few weekends in a row. Best get back to it tomorrow.... and see things through.
The leaves and the weather have been spectacular this week. I don't recall the leaves ever being better. Deep golds, brilliant yellows, and more red than I can recall. With the crystal clear blue skies the sun really shows the color off at its best. The color came on a little later than usual. It has turned cold and windy today, but Monday through Friday were unreal.
The national election of this past week provided some excitement around the country. Barak Obama defeated John McCain in a fairly close popular vote, but by a considerable margin in the electoral college. The reaction of the minority groups in the country was particularly notable. It bothers me a little that race can't be spoken of. But.... once a person of color is successful, the discussion or attention is drawn to race. Seems sometimes like a double standard. Perhaps I don't fully understand.
The holiday season is just around the corner. What will it bring? I personally am not looking forward to it.
I long for finding a routine. Some sort of rhythm..... It seems impossible.
But...... onward, ever onward....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home