Sunday, November 23, 2008

Quiet Time

It is an odd Sunday. It is about 2:15 or so on a Sunday afternoon and it is quiet. Suzanne has gone off to work and I am in the professor's room relaxing and trying to stay warm today. Very quiet..... Very.

It was interesting Tuesday night to make the trip to Detroit. All in all pretty low key considering it was the first face to face in not quite 5 years. It certainly seems that I have lost the upper hand. And it is notable that things have improved on that end of the street in that relationship. Seemed very odd, but I suspect that I didn't quite meet up with expectations.

Seems like the amount of daylight is slipping more than normal. Dreary days..... and there is about a month to go yet before we begin the trend for more daylight. It is what the California people call the gray days of Ohio. Certainly seems true this time around.

Everyone will be home Wednesday. It should be a good time to catch up with everyone and get back into the groove. I need to round up some money for #2. Must not forget that this week.

The insurance company mailed us a note stating that the neighbor has closed her claims from the tree incident. New paint job, removal of the window, and a new eaves trough. I would have really like to have known what the real damage was. Maybe I will make a call to see......

Economic doom and gloom is spreading around the country like a wild fire. The stock market continues to slip. The unemployment numbers continue to grow. The Detroit auto makers are begging for help. It is a mess. In my humble opinion it is all caused by the concept of "excess". People believing that they need more than they really need. Poor judgement on loans for houses that were bought with an adjustable rate mortgage. Now the adjustment has caught people unable to make the payment.

Short week ahead at school with the winter season officially opening Saturday vs. the Generals. Hard times..... very very hard times ahead for girls basketball.

peace....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home