Responsibility
This afternoon's topic is responsibility. I have always had the impression that this concept was very important to my parents while raising me. I have always had a great sense of it. I would wager that a great deal of my burden has to do with birth order and the expectation of me to watch over and protect the younger ones.
Now it has chased me into these middle aged years. The concept keeps me in almost a constant state of distress that someone that I am responsible for is going to slip and fall. I won't be there to catch them, thus.... failure for me.
It also seems that I am only being successful or working hard if I take on more responsibility. I am fairly sure that this type of thinking is a rarity in today's world.
Maybe it is time to rethink the entire concept. Maybe let some others be responsible.
#2 is heading back to southeast Ohio this evening. Part of me wants to hold on to him.... but I know that won't work.
Maybe I will find a way to smile if I think about the future being a better place.
Now it has chased me into these middle aged years. The concept keeps me in almost a constant state of distress that someone that I am responsible for is going to slip and fall. I won't be there to catch them, thus.... failure for me.
It also seems that I am only being successful or working hard if I take on more responsibility. I am fairly sure that this type of thinking is a rarity in today's world.
Maybe it is time to rethink the entire concept. Maybe let some others be responsible.
#2 is heading back to southeast Ohio this evening. Part of me wants to hold on to him.... but I know that won't work.
Maybe I will find a way to smile if I think about the future being a better place.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home