May 17

May 17 and it is my first visit to the Island this month.
It has been a pretty hectic time as per usual as we come down the home stretch. I am fairly certain that I have been distant for a number of reasons. Mostly I am always engaged it seems in things where either I am overwhelmed with details to attend to, or I am plain lazy.
I have been examining my leadership roles lately. I have not been an effective leader because I lack determination. Lack of determination in both my role as a teacher and as the athletic director. It seems I spend more and more of my time just marking time.
There have been a few interesting "finds" while mining the internet. First would be a Pete Seger song called "Little Boxes". Very very interesting social commentary. The Youtube versions are exceptionally powerful.
I have also been plowing through some older blue grass and classic country music. It always makes me wonder why I am so taken with this type of music. Is there something from my past that draws me to it?
It has been a pretty hectic time as per usual as we come down the home stretch. I am fairly certain that I have been distant for a number of reasons. Mostly I am always engaged it seems in things where either I am overwhelmed with details to attend to, or I am plain lazy.
I have been examining my leadership roles lately. I have not been an effective leader because I lack determination. Lack of determination in both my role as a teacher and as the athletic director. It seems I spend more and more of my time just marking time.
There have been a few interesting "finds" while mining the internet. First would be a Pete Seger song called "Little Boxes". Very very interesting social commentary. The Youtube versions are exceptionally powerful.
I have also been plowing through some older blue grass and classic country music. It always makes me wonder why I am so taken with this type of music. Is there something from my past that draws me to it?
It is time to get motivated and make some use of this day that has been given to me. See you on Thursday for certain.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home