Sunday, February 07, 2010

Ebb and Flow

A week into February 2010.....

There have been a number of things I have had on my plate this past week that made it a challenge. I have become very concerned over my mental approach to adversity. I genuinely have begun to lean toward advoidance. I stewed and fretted about the wrestling tournament and the bowling tournament all week, along with a healthy dose of interviewing and hiring a new coach. Not exactly my favorite things to do. I drug my feet in getting additional grades into the esis system. I attended a meeting on the upcoming baseball situation, and along the way I managed to teach a couple of pretty good lessons on progressivism and World War I.

It has become evident to me that I am a pretty busy human and that is why I genuinely enjoy these Sunday mornings where I read, listen, surf to my heart's content. It isn't probably the most productive mode, but none the less.... I like it. It is actually one of the few things going on in life that I like.

Let's back track here for a moment and clean up the fretting over the wrestling event. It really wasn't all that bad with one notable exception. The stress created by the weather event that led to the Invitational being delayed two hours was notable. The tournament itself really was pretty easy on me. I made some announcements, I paid workers, I wrote checks, I handled a few requests, but all in all.... not too stressful. It may have been more stressful listening to our fans at the girls' basketball game.

No trip to Bryan today. People here are under the weather.... I am not, but I could definitely use a low profile day and make some headway on possibly returning some furniture to the different rooms of the house. It would be nice to lounge on a sofa or a big soft chair while watching a little of the super bowl tonight....

Let's try and survive the last four months of the school year. It will be continual ebb and flow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home