Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Out Like A Lamb

March is an odd month. It is chock full of contradictions. Some days are raw like winter. Other days are as summer as can be. 65 and sunny today..... definitely out like a lamb.

This past weekend was spent at the Boys' State Basketball Tournament. Took in some interesting games, and spent some quality time with son #2. Stayed in Dublin at the Chase Suites. Weather was absolutely brutal on Thursday afternoon and evening. Woke up on Friday morning to about four good inches of snow.... .but fortunately it was gone by night fall.

Best team of the tournament was Massilon Jackson. They drilled Cincinnati Moeller. Dayton Dunbar won the division II title, with Lima CC in division III, and Dayton Jefferson in division IV.

We sat with Mr. Morrison the entire tournament. I believe it was the first time I spent all 12 games in the same seat. #2 had to buy from a scalper games 9, 10, and 11. He ended up setting with me for 11 since the seat was unoccupied the entire weekend.

I have spent a great deal of time contemplating the timing of my announcement of leaving the AD position. I will have to let Tony know first, then the coaches.... It has to be done..... It is for the best..... There are people out there who are far better qualified and energetic than I am.... and as the good doctor says..... "We only want the best". I am not the best, so I am not wanted..... I need to go back to a place where I sincerely have a shot at being the best.

No weeping or wailing..... just toughen up..... and enjoy the lamb.... because the lion is just around the corner.

Good-bye March 2010. I won't really miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home