Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tough Sledding Ahead

It will be a difficult week to say the least. I think I have been fooling myself thinking that I can endure another year of being the athletic director in order to see our school into the new conference. I just don't think I can do it. I have to have the courage to tell my immediate supervisor. Probably in the form of a letter with good logical reasons.... or perhaps it would be best just to resign for "personal reasons".

I am also feeling incredible pressure in regard to #1 and the expectation of making a trip to California. I truly don't know if I can face him knowing that he has given up on going to college...... It simply is the worst thing he can say to me.

It is Sunday night.... it has rained all day.... lots of thunder. This morning when I awoke, the fog was impressive..... probably not much of a chance for fog in the a.m. It makes me wonder if we will have to postpone JV baseball tomorrow. We shall see.

Yesterday, I attended the funeral of the father of one of my best friends in high school. The circle keeps closing in on my father..... fewer and fewer of his generation and colleagues...... it has to weigh on him. I know that it weighs on me.

Hang tough.... and survive the week.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home