Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The End of 27.


Yesterday marked the end of my 27th year of teaching school. It was a trying year in many ways. I am not certain though as I consider all of the things that have happened over the course of the year... that it was really all that much different than any other year. My job as the athletic director has become especially painful, but was it really any different than any of the past 5?
I just know... that it will soon become decision time of how much longer each of the jobs will go on. I saw a colleague this year who has zero character issues and far better than average knowledge sent packing. I occasionally stumble across these reminders not to fall into any false sense of security. Make the wrong person unhappy, and you can be set out.
It is also the first time in years that I have been done with students in May. And ages since it was as early as May 24.
Things are very anxious here about going to see son #1. I am resistant..... I can not resolve the fact that he isn't going to go to school. I suspect that I will give in, but not without some stress.
Keep a smile on.... and do your best to find something positive in each day.... no matter how dreary it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home