Sunday, July 04, 2010

234, 4 and Major Disappointment

Today is Independence Day. The nation that I live in is now 234 years old.

I missed the 4 year anniversary of the creation of the Island. It would have been Thursday. This blog has been a constant for me over the past 4 years. It was totally disrespectful not to get here in a timely fashion. No excuses offered.

In the past 24 hours things have taken a significant personal turn downward. I learned that my youngest sister will mostly likely be divorced again. Sometime around 4:45 a.m. this morning, I did something that I had not done in probably 45 years or so. A physical error was committed. I have watched a movie about death and its significance or maybe about life and its insignificance called The Bucket List. I have read at least five articles on the 9-11 attacks and one article about Jim Jones and the 1978 event. And mostly..... I have not made progress.

It has caused me to actively re-assess me. In the shower, I really examined whether or not I have made a grievous error in choosing to continue for another year. Physically, mentally, spiritually, have I committed a serious error? All indicators right now would lean toward yes.

Today we are to head to Bryan and visit. I personally am divided on going. The weather forecast is set to be in the low 90's. I know that he will want to close up the house. I can not do that. I will go outside and read, or do something that will not be boxed in.

This morning I am on the front porch. It is a nice morning. Seems sort of cool and the humidity is bearable. It seems that a large flock of birds resides in the two maple trees here in the front yard. Mostly robins are here this morning, but there are a few sparrows. All of the visitors and residents are noisy. It is almost annoying. But the coolness of the morning and the need to be outside override their volume.

This week I am headed to see the Orioles and Tigers for all three games. I bought Monday and Tuesday from a ticket service online. Coach Biniker gave me four for Wednesday. I have been contemplating who will be #3 and #4. There seems to be no obvious choice. I do not plan to eat the pair, but the stress of figuring out who they should go to is rising.

July is here. Stress of my supplemental is going to rise exponentially. I am just going to become a bit more mechanical so that I can deal with it. I will also do everything in my power to avoid another occurrence of what happened last night. I do not need that additional humiliation to go along with the daily humiliation of my supplemental job.

In the meantime...... happy belated anniversary Windsor Island.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home