Plodding Along on Girls' Weekend
It is the annual girls' weekend. That means I am solo. Seems as if it came a week earlier this year.Usually it corresponds to the 17th or 18th of July.
I have come into the athletic office and since about 9:15 or so this morning, I have been pounding away. Over 30 individual emails sent. 77 events scheduled via the myohsaa. Sent invites to about 20 more. Entered some physicals information. Just have been ultra productive with the office empty.
And now... I am contemplating heading for home.
Perhaps I will go have some lunch.... and maybe stop at the grocery to see what I would like to have to eat this weekend.
I am doing my best to keep an upbeat state of mind, despite the nasty swipe that was taken at me yesterday by the accounts clerk at the board office. I am not certain that I have been talked to in that fashion by an equal in more than 25 years. It was disheartening, and it has left a mark on me. I am doing my best to keep an open mind, but..... it is a nasty mark.
I was able to take in the entire three game series this past Monday through Wednesday between the Orioles and the Tigers. That is a first in a lifetime for me. I think two consecutive games was my previous best. Now.... the games themselves were brutal. Monday's day game was extremely hot and the seats were in the direct sun for the entire game. I used sunscreen which I never do, and it cost me a good white Athletic Department polo shirt. The first two complete innings lasted for 80 minutes. Neither pitcher made it out of the second inning. The body language of the Orioles was horrific. The Tuesday night game was entertaining and lasted 11 innings. The two run lead going into the 9th was erased by a two run homer by Cabrerra and then in the bottom on the 11th, Damon whacked a two run homer that was hit as hard as any ball I have seen in a while....... Wednesday was a fast one. Scherzer pitched very well for Detroit. Bottom line????? Orioles were swept. But... I will go on record staying true to my addage.... "There are no bad days when you are at the ball park. Just some days are better than others." These three were not particularly good for the team I support.
Keep a smile on..... and enjoy the solitude if possible.
I have come into the athletic office and since about 9:15 or so this morning, I have been pounding away. Over 30 individual emails sent. 77 events scheduled via the myohsaa. Sent invites to about 20 more. Entered some physicals information. Just have been ultra productive with the office empty.
And now... I am contemplating heading for home.
Perhaps I will go have some lunch.... and maybe stop at the grocery to see what I would like to have to eat this weekend.
I am doing my best to keep an upbeat state of mind, despite the nasty swipe that was taken at me yesterday by the accounts clerk at the board office. I am not certain that I have been talked to in that fashion by an equal in more than 25 years. It was disheartening, and it has left a mark on me. I am doing my best to keep an open mind, but..... it is a nasty mark.
I was able to take in the entire three game series this past Monday through Wednesday between the Orioles and the Tigers. That is a first in a lifetime for me. I think two consecutive games was my previous best. Now.... the games themselves were brutal. Monday's day game was extremely hot and the seats were in the direct sun for the entire game. I used sunscreen which I never do, and it cost me a good white Athletic Department polo shirt. The first two complete innings lasted for 80 minutes. Neither pitcher made it out of the second inning. The body language of the Orioles was horrific. The Tuesday night game was entertaining and lasted 11 innings. The two run lead going into the 9th was erased by a two run homer by Cabrerra and then in the bottom on the 11th, Damon whacked a two run homer that was hit as hard as any ball I have seen in a while....... Wednesday was a fast one. Scherzer pitched very well for Detroit. Bottom line????? Orioles were swept. But... I will go on record staying true to my addage.... "There are no bad days when you are at the ball park. Just some days are better than others." These three were not particularly good for the team I support.
Keep a smile on..... and enjoy the solitude if possible.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home