Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Time, AP, Illinois and the Weekend Ahead

Just thought I would stop through here today and drop a note or two about the state of the island.

It seems as though this has been one of the longest summer breaks from school I have ever been a part of. We were done with students on May 24. Just seems so long since we have had students.

AP scores are back and for once I am fundamentally pleased. APUSH passed 12/13 with 3 fours. Not bad..... AP GOVT was 10/14 passing and if the one student had shown up to begin the test on time at 8:00 a.m. instead of 8:40..... the group would have averaged a 3. Never the less.... 92% passing rate for APUSH is not too shabby.... and 71% in AP Gov't is acceptable. Never mind that I feel like I didn't give them my best shot this past school year, because sincerely I didn't give them my best shot.

Locusts are singing and have been singing since July 1. Very very very unusual.

Dad called from his trip to Illinois. He sounded up beat. It took him just a shade over 4 hours. He liked the directions I provided for him. So.... we'll see how the trip home goes.

Headed to Cleveland this weekend to take in an Indians game with #2 and his woman. Should be an interesting time. Ticketing is a bit of a mystery for me though.

Think I am going to head for home. See what sorts of things are happening there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home