Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hot August Start

August has been here now for two full weeks and this is my first visit to the island. The past two weeks have been full of "busy" work. At school things have been hectic, complete with the BOE deciding that our recommendations are not worthy of a vote, because they won't ask when they don't understand something. Very frustrating.

With a new trainer in place, the paper chase at school has been relentless. I felt like Friday was the first day I had a good grasp of where we are in the collection process.

Last Saturday we cut about 10 trees at dad's. It cooked all of us. Willie was especially beat. Dad's doctor appointment did not go so well for him on Tuesday. He was pretty much told to back off the work load while it is so hot out. I say fat chance.

Drove to Cleveland this past Tuesday to catch the Orioles. Was a nice trip and an excellent game. The Orioles have been playing so much better lately. They even passed the Pirates to move out of last place in MLB.

Have tickets to a Mud Hen game tonight. They were gifts from Tom. Upstairs... second row. I don't know why I don't go more often. I suppose it is a time issue.

In the mean time..... hang on... year 28 is a week out..... and it just might be the busiest one ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home