An Interesting Thanksgiving Holiday
It has been one of the more interesting Thanksgiving holidays that I have endured in my 49 tries at the holiday. #2 home on Wednesday night, on to Bryan early Thursday morning, back home by 6:30 on Thursday, and never really left the house other than to monitor the girls' opening game on the road at Lake. Today was more vegetation and a little leaf blowing along with replacing the chimney covers.
The low-keyness of the past four or five days is a very welcome change. The only thing that was a little disturbing was the dream I had this morning at 4:15 a.m. I had died, and my father decided to hang me in a long robe with no sleeves in a tree by a harness in the cemetery. There was another man hanging across the little drive from me. He had on a bird mask. People who have passed stopped by to see me and chat with me. My mom, my paternal grandmother, my maternal grandfather.... and assorted others who have passed. It was notable that I could see and hear, but could not speak. Just an odd dream that rattled my cage pretty hard as I could not go back to sleep.
Back to school and some semblance of a routine. Good bye Thanksgiving 2010....... Other than the dream, I would gladly do it again.
The low-keyness of the past four or five days is a very welcome change. The only thing that was a little disturbing was the dream I had this morning at 4:15 a.m. I had died, and my father decided to hang me in a long robe with no sleeves in a tree by a harness in the cemetery. There was another man hanging across the little drive from me. He had on a bird mask. People who have passed stopped by to see me and chat with me. My mom, my paternal grandmother, my maternal grandfather.... and assorted others who have passed. It was notable that I could see and hear, but could not speak. Just an odd dream that rattled my cage pretty hard as I could not go back to sleep.
Back to school and some semblance of a routine. Good bye Thanksgiving 2010....... Other than the dream, I would gladly do it again.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home