November Sails Onward
It is Sunday evening November 14, 2010. The month is half gone. I feel as if I am at least 3/4 gone.
It has been strange last few days. Very much out of the ordinary. There was only three days of school last week combined with parent/teacher conferences, combined with an inservice day on Friday. I did not go into to school the past two days and frankly have very limited motivation to go tomorrow. It has been challenging to motivate in any shape form or fashion. Perhaps.... it is time for a change......
In today's Blade, there was a front page story about the teaching salaries of four suburban school districts who had levy issues fail earlier this month. The basic premise of the article is that districts are in financial distress because teachers and staff are grossly overpaid. It also includes a searchable data base that provides everyone's 2009 salary. Bottom line? The story will generate controversy, and lead to some major problems negotiating this coming spring/summer. It would be my position to ask for 2-2-2 and to keep the rest of the benefits flat lined...... but I am certain after the administrators got 4-4-4 this past summer..... the union will go for the jugular..... and public opinion be damned. Personally.... I am not up for the drama. I did this once before..... and not looking forward to it again.
Good bye November 14..... Hello 53.... and welcome to nightfall at 5 p.m...... It is a long decline yet to December 22.
Hang tough.
It has been strange last few days. Very much out of the ordinary. There was only three days of school last week combined with parent/teacher conferences, combined with an inservice day on Friday. I did not go into to school the past two days and frankly have very limited motivation to go tomorrow. It has been challenging to motivate in any shape form or fashion. Perhaps.... it is time for a change......
In today's Blade, there was a front page story about the teaching salaries of four suburban school districts who had levy issues fail earlier this month. The basic premise of the article is that districts are in financial distress because teachers and staff are grossly overpaid. It also includes a searchable data base that provides everyone's 2009 salary. Bottom line? The story will generate controversy, and lead to some major problems negotiating this coming spring/summer. It would be my position to ask for 2-2-2 and to keep the rest of the benefits flat lined...... but I am certain after the administrators got 4-4-4 this past summer..... the union will go for the jugular..... and public opinion be damned. Personally.... I am not up for the drama. I did this once before..... and not looking forward to it again.
Good bye November 14..... Hello 53.... and welcome to nightfall at 5 p.m...... It is a long decline yet to December 22.
Hang tough.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home