Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Quiet Afternoon's Post


It is about 3 p.m. and all is quiet. Everyone taking a nap except for me.


Took #2's truck for a brake check up, tire rotation, and an oil change. Great news came back. No problems at all with the brake check up.... I was anticipating about $400 worth of brakes and roters.... Final cost was $31 and change...... good experience with Belle Tire.


Went into the office and rummaged through a few different items. Pat and Tony were in. Anita was out. Sandy was out too. Very quiet.


Today I have been contemplating the difference between beginning and ending. Specifically I have been contemplating their relationship to each other. I have not arrived at any specific conclusions, but the questions that trouble me most are:


1. Is it more difficult to begin or end?

2. If someone truly ends something, is it the beginning of something else?

3. When is beginning a problem and when is it an admirable attribute?


Those three do not seem to have clear cut answers. I have kicked them around pretty good.... No answers seem to jump out at me.


I find myself wandering mentally this week after taking all of those days away from the athletic office. It makes me wonder if this is what it will be like when I am permanently away from the athletic office.


Yawn, Yawn, Yawn..... All of this napping must be somewhat contagious. I find myself yawning it up and contemplating a nap myself.


The evening plan calls for a movie and dinner out at Texas Road House....


Three full days remain in 2010. Sliding away very quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home