Saturday, March 12, 2011

2nd Saturday in March

A very quiet evening here on the Island. I chose not to go to any district final games today or tonight. I chose to do nothing most of the day other than to sleep and surf. I am about as flat as I have ever been in my fifty or so years of living. I find myself contemplating my future and what I would like or not like to do with it. So far..... no insights.

I have listened to a lot of Rust Radio today. I also bought two seats to see Neil at the Fox Theatre in Detroit on May 4th. It will give me something to look forward to. I am pretty desperately in need of something to look foward to.

I should be looking forward to the state basketball tournament, but I am not. I think this is because I know that this will be it. It is ok. It will be ok. Something will come along and spark it all.

Things have become very unsettled in my profession. Given the actions of Wisconsin and potentially what is planned to happen here in Ohio, I may be forced to make some very difficult decisions about whether to continue teaching or not. It will not be a simple thing.

Keep plodding.... and holding it together.... June will be here soon..... and the change will come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home