Long Time Gone.....
It has been an unusually long time since I have been here. Over a month.... not a good thing. So much has been going on.... and my mind has struggled to comprehend it all and keep a sense of balance. In particular, the last week or so has been especially rugged. I don't have much if any motivation to move forward. Never the less, I will endeavor to take a pass at some of the things from the last 30 days or so....
State basketball tournament was a nice time socially with thing #2 and his friend. They were pretty energized by it all, and that is nice. We dined at some various places, provided tickets and the room for them..... all in all a good event in that regard. It was not a particularly good flavor of basketball played. Northwest Ohio fared poorly losing in all three of the semi-final games that they were involved. The singular most memorable event for me personally is the fact that there were seven or eight games where the attendance was less than 10,000. Mind you that was the announced attendance..... not actual fannies in seats. The weather was cold.... and all things considered, I would give the event about a C+..... only because it was nice to see #2 for a couple of days.
I have been notified that I have won an awarded teacher of the month for the greater Toledo area. It is sponsored by the local cable television company. They will be coming to school on Wednesday to shoot the commercial. I also understand there will be an awards dinner where they will select teacher of the year. I will go on record that I can say without a doubt, this has been one my absolute worst years teaching in some time. It is bad..... really bad..... that I have received an award that should be given to someone else. I absolutely hate that there will be a commerical, no make that 500 commericals of me on the cable network. I am not good with it one bit. It greatly complicates my departure from the Athletic Director's position. NOT GOOD....
I have been really down here lately. I fear for where it is leading me. Plenty of things on the horizon..... and if I don't roll up my sleeves and get busy.... I will most certainly embarrass everyone.....
State basketball tournament was a nice time socially with thing #2 and his friend. They were pretty energized by it all, and that is nice. We dined at some various places, provided tickets and the room for them..... all in all a good event in that regard. It was not a particularly good flavor of basketball played. Northwest Ohio fared poorly losing in all three of the semi-final games that they were involved. The singular most memorable event for me personally is the fact that there were seven or eight games where the attendance was less than 10,000. Mind you that was the announced attendance..... not actual fannies in seats. The weather was cold.... and all things considered, I would give the event about a C+..... only because it was nice to see #2 for a couple of days.
I have been notified that I have won an awarded teacher of the month for the greater Toledo area. It is sponsored by the local cable television company. They will be coming to school on Wednesday to shoot the commercial. I also understand there will be an awards dinner where they will select teacher of the year. I will go on record that I can say without a doubt, this has been one my absolute worst years teaching in some time. It is bad..... really bad..... that I have received an award that should be given to someone else. I absolutely hate that there will be a commerical, no make that 500 commericals of me on the cable network. I am not good with it one bit. It greatly complicates my departure from the Athletic Director's position. NOT GOOD....
I have been really down here lately. I fear for where it is leading me. Plenty of things on the horizon..... and if I don't roll up my sleeves and get busy.... I will most certainly embarrass everyone.....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home