A Rare Event
Can you believe twice in one day?
I can not.
It has become a quiet evening at home. The house is empty but for me. I ran the sweeper, took a few things upstairs that needed to be put away, and have played a couple of backgammon games.
I am a little afraid that it is happening already. I lack purpose. A year ago, I would have been at work, putting things in order for the first week of August. It is not the case this time around. I am struggling. I hope that I can turn the corner and find purpose.
Watched 95% of the Angels vs. Tigers game this afternoon on television. Interesting game each team was throwing their best pitcher. The Angels pitcher gave up a two run homer in the third and another late... in 7th. The batter in the 7th that hit the homer showed up the pitcher and.... excitement was on from there. Buzzes the next batter, pitcher ejected. The Detroit pitcher had a no hitter going into the 8th.... lead off batter bunts.... good bunt.... gets on by a throwing error..... always a controversial thing when someone bunts to break up a no hitter.... anyways... now the Angels have a runner on second no outs. Ground out, runner moves to third. Ground ball to third.... and the third baseman decides to cut the run at the plate.... run down ensues.... error.... run scores, fielder's choice now on second, tying run at the plate.... still throwing a no hitter.... strike out... two outs.... base hit to left, run scores.... good bye no hitter.... tying run at second... winning run at the plate.... finally got the strike out and third out of the inning.... Was a wild end... to a pitchers' dominating game....
Just hanging out... waiting... but I wish I knew what I was waiting for.....
I can not.
It has become a quiet evening at home. The house is empty but for me. I ran the sweeper, took a few things upstairs that needed to be put away, and have played a couple of backgammon games.
I am a little afraid that it is happening already. I lack purpose. A year ago, I would have been at work, putting things in order for the first week of August. It is not the case this time around. I am struggling. I hope that I can turn the corner and find purpose.
Watched 95% of the Angels vs. Tigers game this afternoon on television. Interesting game each team was throwing their best pitcher. The Angels pitcher gave up a two run homer in the third and another late... in 7th. The batter in the 7th that hit the homer showed up the pitcher and.... excitement was on from there. Buzzes the next batter, pitcher ejected. The Detroit pitcher had a no hitter going into the 8th.... lead off batter bunts.... good bunt.... gets on by a throwing error..... always a controversial thing when someone bunts to break up a no hitter.... anyways... now the Angels have a runner on second no outs. Ground out, runner moves to third. Ground ball to third.... and the third baseman decides to cut the run at the plate.... run down ensues.... error.... run scores, fielder's choice now on second, tying run at the plate.... still throwing a no hitter.... strike out... two outs.... base hit to left, run scores.... good bye no hitter.... tying run at second... winning run at the plate.... finally got the strike out and third out of the inning.... Was a wild end... to a pitchers' dominating game....
Just hanging out... waiting... but I wish I knew what I was waiting for.....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home