September Slipping Away
I have been remiss in my recent attempts to stay current here on the island. Yesterday was my paternal grandmother's birth day. She would have been 100. I lost her in 1986...... There are some days when I would give almost anything to sit and talk with her. We were very close. Very Very Very close. I could tell that it was bothering my dad yesterday. He even admitted to being "blue". That he gets blue is no surprise, that he admits it.... wow....
September has been very different. Not better..... Not worse...... just different.
The equinox passed on Friday..... The Orioles were in Detroit for four...... and... the last days of September are upon me. I have to admit to thinking about the first week of October and its historical significance. I plan to find a way to get to some fall color in the next three or so weeks....
Keep pecking away..... and take a moment to consider the the real meaning of things.... otherwise you will be holding an empty bag of image over the substance.
September has been very different. Not better..... Not worse...... just different.
The equinox passed on Friday..... The Orioles were in Detroit for four...... and... the last days of September are upon me. I have to admit to thinking about the first week of October and its historical significance. I plan to find a way to get to some fall color in the next three or so weeks....
Keep pecking away..... and take a moment to consider the the real meaning of things.... otherwise you will be holding an empty bag of image over the substance.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home