Sunday, October 09, 2011

Quiet October Sunday Morning

Difficult to believe how quiet and serene this morning is.  I am home alone.  All of the downstairs windows are open and the sun is just breaking over the eastern horizon.   Suzanne has gone to Dayton.  She left yesterday afternoon and will be gone through what I anticipate is late this evening.  The day presents so many opportunities, that I have been up and at 'em since about 5 a.m. 

I have managed to clean a little, take care of some email, and read the headlines in the New York Times. Later today I have the best intentions to buy some fall flowers for my mom's grave and maybe something for my grandparent's graves as well.  I will take in lunch with my dad and help him relocate the urns back to his garage.  I have about three or four good hours of school work to attend to; as well as, enough house work and lawn mowing to occupy a couple of weeks. 

The weather has been spectacular this past week and through this weekend.  It appears that it will last until Thursday of this upcoming week. It has been a slow change as far as the leaf color goes.  It is my intention to definitely go for a ride this next weekend, even if the weather turns dreary..... the color should be magnificent.

I have been doing a little better at finding rhythm in my life since asking to be non-renewed.  Tuesdays tend to be reserved for volleyball, and I still help run the clock for football, but.... other than that, my full time commitment has ended. It will be interesting to see what my roll will be come winter.  I think it will be even more interesting to see how long winter lasts psychologically for me.

Time to be aggressive today ...... no sitting around waiting for Monday to come.....  let's smile..... be positive and upbeat..... and most importantly....  find a way to get some things accomplished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home