Monday, December 26, 2011

The Day After..... Christmas

Well, I won't make any excuses. I had many good intentions to stop in yesterday and share a few ideas on the holiday and the events surrounding the time away from the usual routine. I simply did not feel well yesterday and spent a good portion of the day horizontal. I have been battling a sinus infection now for a few weeks and yesterday it just got on top of me.

Friday was spent with the outlaws in Defiance at the catholic elementary school where my sister-in-law teaches. It was the second year in a row that that side of the family gathered together at that place. The temperature was about 50 degrees at the most, and well..... it just isn't very homey..... very few amenitites if any. But... it works and I suspect that it allows the luxury of noone having to clean their house for the incoming guests. That is just a guess.... but I would venture that I am not too far off.

Friday night, I ventured to my dad's and spent the night. Thing #2 and his girl spent the night as well. It was pretty low key, and easy. Saturday (Christmas Eve) we ran some errands, most notably the purchase of a used snow blower, and to the hardware to pick up an electrical outet plate cover and light switch for the hall way. Pop wanted a switch that lights up so that he could find it without putting his glasses on and as he would say "navigate the hallway without turning on a light. Thing #2 and I also put the porch furniture into the shed and took the grape arbor swing into the garage. Sometime this winter.... it would be good to reseal the swing. It is looking a little weathered.

In the early afternoon, sister #2 and her son came, and it was the traditional Christmas meal. It was definitely odd not to do the meal in the evening, but.... not awful. The gift exchange was pretty smooth, and I think everyone was pretty ok with the whole ordeal. My father got his wife a computer. I was recruited to do the buying. I bought it at Best Buy and showed her a few simple things. I was not able to get the WiFi up and running on Friday night. It seems that the service provider did not leave an IP address for me to complete the process of logging into and making the wireless router useable. Bottom line, the Time-Warner guy will be back on Tuesday to finish installation. Time Warner wins.... everyone else loses or at minimum is delayed.

I came home Saturday night. Unloaded the new used snow blower and.... pretty much shut life down for about 36 hours or so.....

I am not so motivated and I should be. This is a golden opportunity to actually accomplilsh a few things. I did manage to knock out a book and a couple of Stanford videos on Itunes U. But for the most part, yesterday I was a rather large, lazy.... lout.

Meeting the Smith sisters for lunch on Wednesday. The plan is to go to Archbold to Sauters and eat at the Barn Resturant. I am not quite sure what to make of the coolness of Martha.... maybe it is nothing.... maybe I am reading too much into it, but.... maybe it is something. We shall see.

This entry today is being done on the ipad with the great help of the new bluetooth keyboard that #2 got me for christmas. It is a good thing. I like the feel of the keys and it is 9000% easier to type...... With a little luck, it will not make it such and obstacle to interact with the Island.

In the mean time...... peace and get ready for next holiday a mere 5 days away.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home