Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mid January

Seems odd to me today to not have visited the Island in two weeks or so....  I have thought many times about stopping in and sharing a few thoughts or concepts, but somehow just never quite seem to get here and actually make it happen.

Let's see.... what has gone on since my last time here..... well.... hmmm.... guess I would have to say not a whole lot.  I will work backwards from yesterday and see how much stamina I can muster to share thoughts and events.

Saturday Jan. 14. It was without a doubt one of the laziest days I have ever spent in my existence.  I did nothing.... well almost nothing.   Plenty of posts on the huddle, but other than that, not much. I did change the burnt out light bulb in the kitchen and the one at the top of stairs.  I did take in a high school basketball game in Bowling Green with son #2 and his girl.  I did lose $1 in the total points game. I did grade some Edmodo participation for last week. I did go to Myles' Pizza after the game...... .but as to actually accomplishing much.... not really.

Friday Jan. 13.  Last study sessions before exams were held.  I didn't really like them.  I just walked through the exam and had students pair up and use the flash cards in World History.  I did do some work on the Power of 15 with all classes.  I have also been toying around with actually blocking out the last fifteen minutes of class to apply the power of 15.  Maybe I will try it with World History.  I am fairly certain that it will not work with U.S. History, due to their total lack of self discipline.  I ran the clock at the girls' varsity game and got into a scrap with the visiting bench.  An assistant was chirping pretty good at me that the score was wrong.  I checked both the home and visiting books, and I was correct.  At that point I barked back at him that it was correct by what was in each book at the table.  And at that point the head coach barked at me about leaving his bench alone and letting them coach their own game.  Immediately at the end of the game, the head coach approached me directly and screamed at me about interfering with his bench.  I simply said that he will never have another problem with me.  This whole affair was troubling in that I have always gotten along well with this particular head coach and former a.d.  Perhaps I have misjudged his character. Perhaps in the heat of competition, and with his team coming out on the short end of things, emotion got the best of everyone.  Bottom line???  He won't have to worry about me again, unless something really unusual happens.   It was also Hall of Fame night. One inductee.  She is a pretty classy act. Her brother took great pride in presenting.  Due to my having to run the clock, I wasn't able to see the induction speech and festivities.  The new AD told me that a current board member and the inductee's former coach requested and was granted permission to publicly speak at the event.  Way Way Way Way out of bounds.  Only the current AD, the presenter, and the inductee should be speaking. It was out of line for this person to use her "board member" status to butt in.  Infuriating.

I have run out of stamina..... to reflect farther.....   perhaps I will wander though later today or even early tomorrow to dig through some more mundane day to day happenings...... 

No trip west today.  Laying low, and relaxing before tomorrow's oral surgery.  Hope that goes smoothly.

In the mean time... enjoy winter.... 21 degrees, gray skies, not much wind, a little dusting of snow, and most importantly.... or maybe making the most impact.... "short daylight".....

Hang tough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home