A Winter Morning In Bryan
It has been a quiet start to a cold winter morning in Bryan. I came back last night through a pretty good snow event. Cornbread, beans, onions, cheese, and various cut vegetables were the evening's 82nd birthday event. Various people called throughout the evening. It was difficult to listen in on my brother's conversation with pop. Kelly chatted for all of five minutes. I cherish my father, but the doom and gloom, along with the unbelievably high level of scruntiny and criticism he heaps upon everyone and everything really distresses me. So far on this visit he hasn't taken any verbal swipes at mom. This is a good thing for me. I can barely endure that.
The morning has broken here. It looks cold, promising. A visit to Paulding is in order this afternoon, for a birthday gathering. I am still debating this evening's activity. I wouldn't mind catching Defiance at Fairview tonight, but..... I feel the urge to hustle home before dark.
I don't really know why I am so anxious to be in before dark these days. Could it be a function of ageing? Is it residue from the deer incident this past summer.
The morning has broken here. It looks cold, promising. A visit to Paulding is in order this afternoon, for a birthday gathering. I am still debating this evening's activity. I wouldn't mind catching Defiance at Fairview tonight, but..... I feel the urge to hustle home before dark.
I don't really know why I am so anxious to be in before dark these days. Could it be a function of ageing? Is it residue from the deer incident this past summer.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home