Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Spring Break

Friday Spring Break has arrived. It has been a strange week in many ways. Specifically I do not recall ever having so many days in April that were unobligated. There was always baseball or the boys, or something at my dad's.... but this year... there were no obligations. There was even the added bonus of the federal and state income tax refunds available, and both were fairly healthy.... so no sincere financial pinch. On the other had.... some time was spent in the front room working on making it available for living rather than storage. It was one of my goals to be about 90 per cent ready to paint in that room over break. Mission will not be accomplished. I would say some where in the neighborhood of 40%. None the less, it is progress no matter how small it seems when there are virtually no other signs of progress on this week.


Went to Detroit on Wednesday to catch the Tigers playing the Rays. Interesting game to say the least. Verlander was cruising along on a one hitter and a total pitch count of 81 heading into the 9th inning. He just starting forcing things and pretty soon he was in a pickle. Specifically he ended up giving up four runs and three hits in the inning, forcing him to take his first loss of the season. Odd Odd Odd..... None the less good seats, and mild traffic made the trip pretty smooth. But you know, I felt guilty for going. I am not really certain as to why I feel such guilt when I do something like go somewhere for the day. I suspect it is my dad in my head saying "no" or "can't" or "shouldn't". It is one of those demons I am going to have to work on in my head.

Well..... today is it. I will most likely go to BG this morning to drop off some voter registration cards that my senior government students completed, maybe have lunch at Myles' Pizza, and then come home and wait for Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home