On A Thursday....
It has been an interesting time as of late. It is Thursday again and the mundane part of summer has begun to set it. Although the weather outside has been spectacular for the past few days, I have begun to feel pretty gloomy inside. I suspect that this feeling may be due to a couple of things..... let's get to them and air them out a little.
- California looms on the horizon. I am pretty ok with the San Diego portion of the trip. Going to class and catching the ropes of a new summer institute teacher is something to look forward to. I always like the sun and the beach in San Diego..... but I also always worry about disrespecting history there. The second part of the trip to San Francisco is what is stressing me. I have never before felt so uncomfortable about being disconnected from #1. The phone conversations are brutal these days. I try not to dwell on it, but..... it is there. To see him face to face will just make it more painful I think. We shall see.
- Basketball opportunity knocked and I answered the door yesterday morning. I went to help out with the early morning workout session. There were ten kids there and it was different. I am 99% certain that it isn't a good fit for me. I am not able to handle the "looseness" of it all. The idea that you just do things to get them done again is everywhere. I especially don't care for how the JV coach speaks to the athletes. I just don't think it is a good fit. I am certain I don't have some of the same core philosophies as the staff and that would make for a bad fit and a painful existence. I just need to man-up and tell the head coach that I am not a candidate for the freshman position and move on. I can still be supportive of the program, but just not in that role.
June 14..... Flag day I think and about two or so weeks until the Island turns 6. Keep plugging away... something will turn up soon..... we can only hope right?
- California looms on the horizon. I am pretty ok with the San Diego portion of the trip. Going to class and catching the ropes of a new summer institute teacher is something to look forward to. I always like the sun and the beach in San Diego..... but I also always worry about disrespecting history there. The second part of the trip to San Francisco is what is stressing me. I have never before felt so uncomfortable about being disconnected from #1. The phone conversations are brutal these days. I try not to dwell on it, but..... it is there. To see him face to face will just make it more painful I think. We shall see.
- Basketball opportunity knocked and I answered the door yesterday morning. I went to help out with the early morning workout session. There were ten kids there and it was different. I am 99% certain that it isn't a good fit for me. I am not able to handle the "looseness" of it all. The idea that you just do things to get them done again is everywhere. I especially don't care for how the JV coach speaks to the athletes. I just don't think it is a good fit. I am certain I don't have some of the same core philosophies as the staff and that would make for a bad fit and a painful existence. I just need to man-up and tell the head coach that I am not a candidate for the freshman position and move on. I can still be supportive of the program, but just not in that role.
June 14..... Flag day I think and about two or so weeks until the Island turns 6. Keep plugging away... something will turn up soon..... we can only hope right?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home