A Summer Sunday in Bryan
June is here and summer is cooking on high heat.
I made the trip to Bryan today only to find the house closed up because it is forecated to be 90 degrees. It really wasn't a surprise. Pop is just full of commentary on the local and international news.
I met with the head boys basketball coach for breakfast on Friday morning to discuss the freshman boys basketball position. I went through the five reasons why the offer was attractive and the nine reasons why I had major concerns. I have agreed to be in the gym this upcoming week between 9 and 10:30. I have doubts. But... we shall see.
Thursday this past week I drove to Bryan to attend the funeral showing of one of my friends from high school mother. She was a strong woman. She used to give us the business when we were in her home. She also helped me get a summer job at Isaacs Tire Company the summer between high school and my freshman year in college. Seemed odd to see the entire family. It was a little disappointing that Doug wasn't there yet. He had gotten stuck in traffic in St. Louis on the way here.
I have been pretty anxious so far this summer. I have had four days off officially...... and I have to admit to not liking my time away from school. I just hope I find some rythm soon. In the mean time....... hang in there and get ready for California.
I made the trip to Bryan today only to find the house closed up because it is forecated to be 90 degrees. It really wasn't a surprise. Pop is just full of commentary on the local and international news.
I met with the head boys basketball coach for breakfast on Friday morning to discuss the freshman boys basketball position. I went through the five reasons why the offer was attractive and the nine reasons why I had major concerns. I have agreed to be in the gym this upcoming week between 9 and 10:30. I have doubts. But... we shall see.
Thursday this past week I drove to Bryan to attend the funeral showing of one of my friends from high school mother. She was a strong woman. She used to give us the business when we were in her home. She also helped me get a summer job at Isaacs Tire Company the summer between high school and my freshman year in college. Seemed odd to see the entire family. It was a little disappointing that Doug wasn't there yet. He had gotten stuck in traffic in St. Louis on the way here.
I have been pretty anxious so far this summer. I have had four days off officially...... and I have to admit to not liking my time away from school. I just hope I find some rythm soon. In the mean time....... hang in there and get ready for California.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home