Annual July Weekend Alone
It is here... even though it is a bit later than usual, it is girls' weekend away. It is quiet, cool, and as per usual, I am not doing much with the opportunity. I have spent some time working on the USD stuff particularly in economics. I have spent most of the time plodding around the web searching for ideas for a quality webpage. I need to keep on it and I need to be diligent about logging the work that I do.
I have not been to the island since returning from California. The final days in San Francisco were completely uneventful. Monday and Tuesday were almost mirrors of themselves by staying in.... seeing #1 for dinner for about two hours and.... going to bed. It was a bit on the frustrating side. I am not certain about why it goes that way... or if that is just the way it is going to be..... none the less.... I didn't really care for it.
Big news from #2. He is engaged. He is as excited as I have ever seen him. He is genuinely excited. It is a good thing. I think he has found what he believes is happiness. My exact words to him were: "Now the hard part comes." I don't think he understood.... but... it is a reference to keeping the excitement alive.... because... time tends to change perspective. I think she is a fine addition to our family. We shall see.
This past Monday and Tuesday were spent in Cleveland. Took in the Orioles' game on Monday and stayed for the Tigers' game on Tuesday. Some pretty good seats. Monday's seats were six rows behind the visitor's dugout. I could draw a line between the first base bag and and second base bag. Tuesdays were just at the outside edge of the infield cut on the first base side. Six rows up.... One of the worst foul ball situations I have ever witnessed happened in the third inning. A woman sitting three rows in front of me got drilled in the face. She didn't even react. There was blood everywhere..... not a good situation. I thought the Indians staff were a little slow on the respond.... but not a great sound nor great situation on any level.
Transportation went pretty smoothly.... The only hitch was coming out of the game on Monday night, we just missed a train leaving Tower City. The wait for the next one was brutal. It had to have been every bit of 45 minutes or more and the humidity was about 90%, no air movement at all, and a cool 90 degrees..... I was a sweating mess.... Not good... I was rattled..... but survived..... On Tuesday I parked under Tower City and drove home without the Rapid...... pretty smooth.... all in all.
I need to make progress this weekend. I know that the answer is to take the first few steps..... Eat the elephant one bite at a time.... set time limits and meet the little goals to get to the big ones..... Just need to get it going.... .so.... enough for now.
I have not been to the island since returning from California. The final days in San Francisco were completely uneventful. Monday and Tuesday were almost mirrors of themselves by staying in.... seeing #1 for dinner for about two hours and.... going to bed. It was a bit on the frustrating side. I am not certain about why it goes that way... or if that is just the way it is going to be..... none the less.... I didn't really care for it.
Big news from #2. He is engaged. He is as excited as I have ever seen him. He is genuinely excited. It is a good thing. I think he has found what he believes is happiness. My exact words to him were: "Now the hard part comes." I don't think he understood.... but... it is a reference to keeping the excitement alive.... because... time tends to change perspective. I think she is a fine addition to our family. We shall see.
This past Monday and Tuesday were spent in Cleveland. Took in the Orioles' game on Monday and stayed for the Tigers' game on Tuesday. Some pretty good seats. Monday's seats were six rows behind the visitor's dugout. I could draw a line between the first base bag and and second base bag. Tuesdays were just at the outside edge of the infield cut on the first base side. Six rows up.... One of the worst foul ball situations I have ever witnessed happened in the third inning. A woman sitting three rows in front of me got drilled in the face. She didn't even react. There was blood everywhere..... not a good situation. I thought the Indians staff were a little slow on the respond.... but not a great sound nor great situation on any level.
Transportation went pretty smoothly.... The only hitch was coming out of the game on Monday night, we just missed a train leaving Tower City. The wait for the next one was brutal. It had to have been every bit of 45 minutes or more and the humidity was about 90%, no air movement at all, and a cool 90 degrees..... I was a sweating mess.... Not good... I was rattled..... but survived..... On Tuesday I parked under Tower City and drove home without the Rapid...... pretty smooth.... all in all.
I need to make progress this weekend. I know that the answer is to take the first few steps..... Eat the elephant one bite at a time.... set time limits and meet the little goals to get to the big ones..... Just need to get it going.... .so.... enough for now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home