Friday, July 13, 2012

California 2013

How can I begin to catch up where I have been the past 7 days?   Drove to Detroit last Friday night and got a little relief from the heat and humidity as well as taking advantage of the opportunity to park, sleep, fly opportunity.....

Pretty smooth flight to San Diego. Was not possible to check into room 122 at the Bay Club earlier than the 4:00 p.m. posted time..... but not really a big deal. As always.... I am not into disrespecting history.... and well... that is just that....   

Went to class Monday through Thursday.  It was ok.  The instructor was different in her approach to the class.  Not bad... .but just different.  She was very complimentary of participation.  The mix of people though were a little unusual.  Not bad.... just different.  

Did not do some of the regular things done in San Diego in the past.... no trip to Seaport Village, no trip to Old Town....  but a new place to eat in the Point that was called the Harbor Town Pub.....   good burgers and fish tacos..... laid back....  nice.... But without a doubt, the Point Loma Seafood Company was the best all around dining of the San Diego portion of the trip.

Took in the Reds at Padres game on Sunday..... pretty good seats... just about at the edge of the infield cut on the first base side.  Final was 4-2 Reds.... a couple of impressive home runs by the Reds.... but nice park and actually walked all the way around.

The flight to SFO was delayed about two hours and forty minutes but it wasn't too bad.   The plane itself was no where near capacity.  In fact it may have been the emptiest I have ever ridden on.  We checked in with a just a few misconceptions with the desk clerk thinking my name was Micheal, but... was in bed by 1 a.m. Pacific.

Today has been very low key..... and I have to admit to being anxious about the next few days.  I don't care for being afraid to speak my mind to my own son.  But... I am... we shall see how it goes.

Hang tough

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home