Friday, November 30, 2012

Good Bye November

November is coming to a close today.

I know that it obvious since the dateline on the post will read November 30 and the great month of November only has 30 days.

It is best to share a few random thoughts that are flying around in my ever decreasing mind this morning.  It is my sincere wish not to come off as cynical or negative, but I suppose it is the perception of the reader of this blog that will determine the state of mind in which this entry was tendered.

There is paranoia running rampant in my workplace. Rumor of cuts and specifically of another $1.3 in cuts coming down the pike. Pessimism is extremely high amongst the staff.  I have seen this situation before.  Sometimes the rumors smolder and die away, sometimes.... sometimes...... 

The weather has been fine for November.  Most days are sunny and chilly.  The fact that I mowed grass on November 18 is a little unusual....  I must get to the task of starting the snow blower and making certain that it is operational.

Some smallish/inconvenient issues have popped up with the furnace replacement.  The Wood County building inspector came on Tuesday and declared the inspection a failure due to the wires leading to the on/off switch on the side of the furnace not being protected from a sharp edge in the metal.  His belief is that the furnace will vibrate and the wires will become frayed if not protected by a rubber bushing.  Bottom line?  A1 has to return to Windsor Island and repair the violation.  More intrusions..... to the Island.  Not good.

Thanksgiving did not go particularly well.  Sister #2 had a "friend" which she did not introduce nor did she bring her son with her. She then proceeded to run through old times of when she was mistreated and of course all led by me.  My father's friend then began to jump in and explain the genealogy of the entire family and of course I wanted to vomit.  I most likely over reacted and departed rather rapidly.  Sister #1 wasn't particularly good with the circumstances since relations had been on the upswing for the past few visits.  I suppose the singular thing that pushed me over the edge was not being able to connect with son #1.  When contact was established, I did not really speak with him..... I am so frustrated by his spiritual distance.  I will have to find a way to get past it or my actions will probably be even more bizarre during the holiday later this month.......   I will really work on this one.

I have had a major binge of buying on ebay.  I have purchased a lot of baseball cards, along with dabbling in football cards, zoo cards, and other assorted trinkets.  I purchased games for sister #1 along with an apple peeler that is pretty slick.  I just have been sort of enjoying the ease of buying online.  It is a little addictive.  I have to be careful.

It is probably notable that this entry is coming from school this morning.....  This fact probably demonstrates my state of mind.  Not a good omen.

See ya November.... and on to the end of 2012....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home