The Day the Music Died and Snow Removal
It is notable that today is the anniversary of the tragic plane crash that took the life of Buddy Holly. The "Day the Music Died"...... American Pie..... Don McLean.....
Yesterday I had the good fortune to be able to use the snow blower for the second time since it arrived on the Island last winter. There was about four good inches of light fluffy snow and when the machine started on the first pull..... well... life was good. It took about 30 minutes or so to clear the driveway and frankly I wasn't quite ready for it to end...... so.... I did the neighbors' drive to the south. I probably would have done more neighbors' drives, but most were already done. I suppose that is what I get for arriving at the party late. It was about 4:30 pm before I started. I had simply wanted to wait until the snow had stopped. There were a few flakes floating down and the breeze wasn't too bad at all. All in all.... a very positive time...... I really liked it.
How about that.... something I really liked. Quite a rarity.
I have stayed in and close to home this weekend. I thought about going to the basketball game Friday night, but didn't have the motivation to actually make it happen. I find myself growing away from the "need" to be there. It is somewhat concerning though to consider that I may reach a point where I don't or won't want to be anywhere. I have been giving it some thought and have come to the conclusion that I need to re-spark my natural curiosity. It seems to me that having curiosity is the key to motivation. When someone is curious, they will seek knowledge. I find as I grow older, my curiosity is not nearly at the level it was earlier in life.
The sun is shining through the kitchen window on the door facing. It is a welcome site.
There will be no trip west today. Suzanne's obligations this morning have made traveling west not such a good choice. It is ok. Perhaps the opportunity to stay close to home will provide me favorable circumstances to have a positive day with continued pressureless living.
Enjoy the day, enjoy the month.... and most importantly..... Re-spark your natural curiosity.
Labels: curiosity, February, pressure, snow, snow blower

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home