Friday, March 29, 2013

March ... I Have Been Gone

It has been some time since I have stopped in to the Island.  It has not really be intentional, it just hasn't been convenient for me.  I realize that is a kind of crazy thing to say given that I have a great deal of unencumbered time on my hands.  None the less, I have not been diligent in posting here on the Island.

Here a few things that I have been a part of since being here last time.

1. I took in quite a few basketball tournament games.  Games at Clay, Swanton, Lake, BGSU, University of Toledo, and of course Ohio State.   Some of the games were pretty good, others were sort of ho hum...   #2 and his fiance came some of the games as well.   It was particularly good to see Coach Reiser have a good tournament run even if it was as an assistant at Ottawa Hills.  The Championship Saturday at the Schott was pretty expensive, but... it was quality time spent with #2. It is notable that I ran into Coach Lehman at game 11 and he gave me his tickets for 12.  I sure would like to sit and chat with him some..... just seems like it never quite works out.

2. There is a new super in the district.  He is a former next door neighbor.  I will be very curious as to how successful he will be in dealing with the elected board and their micromanagement style.

3. I spent a couple of pretty stressful days just prior to break teaching America.  They were very antsy, and I was very determined to conduct business as usual.  I won, but not without some pretty stiff resistance.

*********************************

Today is the first day of break.  Suzanne has gone off to church and to see Erica carry the cross in Carey. 

I wanted to plan something for the week ahead, but lacked the resolve to carry it out.  The weather has been poor and I was sort of seeking a warm place for a few days.... but warm means literally the Gulf of Mexico this coming week.  By warm, I am suggesting 70 degrees.  I don't have the will to drive it.   So... given my lack of will and the fact that no one else wants to take the bull by the horns..... I suspect that I will languish here and look out the window.... and seek motivation.    How spectacular would that be?

This a.m. I am not feeling all that well.  Perhaps it will pass.... perhaps it won't....

I will look for a few bright spots today....  and will stop back through this week and next...... You have my word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home