Digging
I came home tonight to the gas company blocking my driveway. It seems that there was a pretty significant gas leak under the north side of the drive and the digging was being done.
Earlier this week, I had noticed where someone had painted a 2%/3% note on the drive. I spoke briefly with the crew and they said that all had been repaired. It was also notable that the crew said that the entire main on this street was to be replaced "this year". I just sort of grinned and asked him if he believed that...... He paused and grinned at me. We shall see.
It has been an unusual week. Thursday was the department luncheon, followed later in the evening with an awards dinner at Levis for the top 2%. The mayor of Toledo was the keynote speaker, and he was excellent. A working man's politician. He seemed genuine.
Keep plugging along.... just under 20 days left before the AP zoo ends. I have been running study sessions this past week, and after a decent turn out on Monday, the numbers on Wednesday were poor at best.
Earlier this week, I had noticed where someone had painted a 2%/3% note on the drive. I spoke briefly with the crew and they said that all had been repaired. It was also notable that the crew said that the entire main on this street was to be replaced "this year". I just sort of grinned and asked him if he believed that...... He paused and grinned at me. We shall see.
It has been an unusual week. Thursday was the department luncheon, followed later in the evening with an awards dinner at Levis for the top 2%. The mayor of Toledo was the keynote speaker, and he was excellent. A working man's politician. He seemed genuine.
Keep plugging along.... just under 20 days left before the AP zoo ends. I have been running study sessions this past week, and after a decent turn out on Monday, the numbers on Wednesday were poor at best.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home