Monday, May 27, 2013

The Last Week of May and Selfishness

The Memorial Day weekend is about to pass......  It has been a fairly low key one.

Saturday, I traveled with dad to the Medina / Wayne County cemetery tour....  It was very low key....   I sort of misbehaved when I got back to Bryan.   I was frustrated, because on the way home he revealed that he had a past commander's banquet at 7:00 p.m.   We pulled into the drive at 7:05.....  There were many opportunities to have him home comfortably by 5:30.....  but we walked cemeteries and I took some photos to log on find a grave.... and... then about 10 miles east of Mansfield, he revealed his banquet to me......   I hammered it home.... but... not in time.....  

I stayed a little while and set up the flowers for him at Brown Cemetery....   and he bought for everyone.... on Mom's side except for Uncle Donald and Aunt Belle.....  I don't quite get the logic of all that.... but... it shouldn't matter.  If he wants to do it... I should be supportive, not a jerk like I was.... Absolutely no excuses.   I was out of bounds....

He has asked me to drive him to his eye surgery on Thursday.  I will have to miss school for the first time in about eight and a half years...    All because she is "afraid" to drive in Fort Wayne.  I know that it sounds incredibly selfish..... but... why?  Why can't it be two days later..... I could take him literally anywhere on planet earth 48 hours later.... no discussion allowed about reschedule..... or if I have anything....  I just am so angry that he is busting my streak..... But... I know it is selfish.... of me to even second guess...... but... I will go on record as saying he is every bit if not more selfish....   I know that logic doesn't make it right..... but deep down... it is how I feel about it.

I am feeling sort of miserable tonight.... I am certain that it may have something to do with the rotten weather today.... a cold steady drizzle....   It is sort of how I feel inside...

Good bye this week to May..... June is arriving Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home