Courage and Saturday
Saturday has arrived on the Island.
It has been a somewhat productive Saturday, with some work yet to be done on the back yard..... I was able to muster up enough stamina to cut the front, side and about 40% of the back.... before conditioning became a factor. No drive wheel makes a huge difference, but... let us endure and get it done today so that I can be proud of myself.
Now.... on to the courage part of this post. Friday morning the plumber called and said that he would be here in about 20 minutes to get the work done. Wow.... I was told that the plumber would just be here to scope out the job and the work would be actually performed on Monday or possibly Tuesday..... After some last minute cleaning and organizing.... the plumber arrived and inspected the work to be done.
He was an older, more experienced guy who was friendly and liked baseball. He checked out the bathroom, and the items that had been purchased nearly four years ago. He said that given the plumbing pipes location in the bathroom, that the pedestal model sink that we bought would not work. That was the bad news... of the day...
Now... for the great news..... after about 3 hours of work... a new throne has been installed on the Island. Cadillac.... works great and looks good. Cost was very reasonable... and I am also pleased to state that the kitchen faucet no longer is a terrorism device.
I anxiously now wait for the reaction....
The next step is to buy a new sink that is no more than 24 inches wide to install.
Courage.... Just as I had anticipated.... what has terrorized me for more than 5 years... was a three hour fix. Fear.... what an imobilizer... How sad to be owned by fear....
It has been a somewhat productive Saturday, with some work yet to be done on the back yard..... I was able to muster up enough stamina to cut the front, side and about 40% of the back.... before conditioning became a factor. No drive wheel makes a huge difference, but... let us endure and get it done today so that I can be proud of myself.
Now.... on to the courage part of this post. Friday morning the plumber called and said that he would be here in about 20 minutes to get the work done. Wow.... I was told that the plumber would just be here to scope out the job and the work would be actually performed on Monday or possibly Tuesday..... After some last minute cleaning and organizing.... the plumber arrived and inspected the work to be done.
He was an older, more experienced guy who was friendly and liked baseball. He checked out the bathroom, and the items that had been purchased nearly four years ago. He said that given the plumbing pipes location in the bathroom, that the pedestal model sink that we bought would not work. That was the bad news... of the day...
Now... for the great news..... after about 3 hours of work... a new throne has been installed on the Island. Cadillac.... works great and looks good. Cost was very reasonable... and I am also pleased to state that the kitchen faucet no longer is a terrorism device.
I anxiously now wait for the reaction....
The next step is to buy a new sink that is no more than 24 inches wide to install.
Courage.... Just as I had anticipated.... what has terrorized me for more than 5 years... was a three hour fix. Fear.... what an imobilizer... How sad to be owned by fear....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home