Sunday, July 28, 2013

Spectacular Weather and the End of Solitude

This morning's weather is something out of a picture book.....

Bright blue skies, a nice breeze, and when I first woke up a balmy 53 degrees..... It has warmed up a little to the lower 60's, but.... for July.....  simply spectacular.

Suzanne returns home today.  Solitary life is over for awhile.  I have learned a few things about myself during this month.....  I don't eat particularly well, and I sort of enjoy the quiet.....  I spoke with my father about being alone when Suzanne was in California.  I confided that I am pretty certain that I had never spent seven consecutive days living alone in my entire life.   I should qualify.   By living alone, means sleeping in a place without someone in the building.    He was pretty surprised.  So..... I ran through history for him....   From birth to age 18 I lived at home with anywhere from 2 to five other  people.... then it was off to Ohio University.... I had anywhere from one to three roommates every year I lived there.  Then... I came home and pretty much repeated the 2-5 with my family and then on to being married and having anywhere from 1 to three others living with me daily. 

Bottom line?  It is a different existence.  Not good, not bad... simply different.  I think it would take some getting used to on a long term basis of more than a year or so... but... I would say that at this point in my existence that it is just "different".

The new AD is in a pickle.  It seems that his "cash" side of his athletic accounts has gone dry.  Not good.  Not good at all.  He called on Friday, very upset. I know that when I left there was in the neighborhood of $30,000 in the cash bucket. So for it to be all gone.... I just don't quite understand......  I suspect that reduced gate receipts is part of it, but on the other hand..... there seems to be plenty of comps given out and I know that football and basketball have pretty healthy spending habits.   I also know that golf and wrestling like the expensive tournaments....   There is a certain anxiety I have for him.... but at the same time.....  I am going to choose not to get involved too deeply.

Unbelievable  weather.... crisp... clear.... cool....incredible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home