A Cold Morning on the Island
-11.... and just before dawn..... so.... I suspect that it will not drop much if any below that number for January 28, 2014.
Today marks the third consecutive day of school cancelled due to weather. Now mind you that we had a weekend sandwiched in between all of these days off, so we have not been in session for five consecutive days..... Friday it was snow, Monday it was snow, and today it is brutal windchill that is reason for the closing. This month of January has not seen many days of school in session.
Frankly, I can not remember such a month...... We started off the month by not being scheduled to go back until January 6th, but missed several days due to snow and brutal cold..... and well.... let's just say this latest stretch is beginning to get on people's psyche a bit. I have to admit feeling a little strangely about it myself.
I have been a little disappointed that my snow-blower has not be repaired and promptly returned to me. It has been with the repairman now for three weeks.... A broken belt was the issue.... and I suppose it did take a while to locate a replacement belt. The root of my disappointment is most likely rooted in we have had the snowiest January in the last 40 and well.... The shovel is fine.... but I would have like to have run the blower...... anyways.... a lesson learned about having everything tuned up and ready prior to the festivities.
Spectacular sunrise this morning. The air is as crisp and clear as I have seen in some time. The moon and Venus were showing off as well in the Southeastern sky this morning. Beautiful is about the only word I think can do the display justice.
Last evening, my father's wife called and shared some of the details about the house, water problems, and discussions with the various insurance companies. It seems that the JC Penny policy has paid off in total. That will take the pressure off of the mortgage debt. Not too long after that conversation ended, little bro called from Arizona to check in. It was a stressed conversation.....
Actually it is me who is stressed every time I speak with any of them. I feel incredible pressure as to what to do about the future of the house..... This morning.... I got to thinking about it all and it sort of flashed me back to 1977 when the farm was sold..... I see so many advantages of going back and hanging on.... and about just as many advantages of not going back.... It will be interesting to see how it all plays out and how I handle things.
Enjoy yet another day of no obligation..... Perhaps... .with a little luck I will make good use of the opportunity.
Today marks the third consecutive day of school cancelled due to weather. Now mind you that we had a weekend sandwiched in between all of these days off, so we have not been in session for five consecutive days..... Friday it was snow, Monday it was snow, and today it is brutal windchill that is reason for the closing. This month of January has not seen many days of school in session.
Frankly, I can not remember such a month...... We started off the month by not being scheduled to go back until January 6th, but missed several days due to snow and brutal cold..... and well.... let's just say this latest stretch is beginning to get on people's psyche a bit. I have to admit feeling a little strangely about it myself.
I have been a little disappointed that my snow-blower has not be repaired and promptly returned to me. It has been with the repairman now for three weeks.... A broken belt was the issue.... and I suppose it did take a while to locate a replacement belt. The root of my disappointment is most likely rooted in we have had the snowiest January in the last 40 and well.... The shovel is fine.... but I would have like to have run the blower...... anyways.... a lesson learned about having everything tuned up and ready prior to the festivities.
Spectacular sunrise this morning. The air is as crisp and clear as I have seen in some time. The moon and Venus were showing off as well in the Southeastern sky this morning. Beautiful is about the only word I think can do the display justice.
Last evening, my father's wife called and shared some of the details about the house, water problems, and discussions with the various insurance companies. It seems that the JC Penny policy has paid off in total. That will take the pressure off of the mortgage debt. Not too long after that conversation ended, little bro called from Arizona to check in. It was a stressed conversation.....
Actually it is me who is stressed every time I speak with any of them. I feel incredible pressure as to what to do about the future of the house..... This morning.... I got to thinking about it all and it sort of flashed me back to 1977 when the farm was sold..... I see so many advantages of going back and hanging on.... and about just as many advantages of not going back.... It will be interesting to see how it all plays out and how I handle things.
Enjoy yet another day of no obligation..... Perhaps... .with a little luck I will make good use of the opportunity.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home